High Street TV agrees to provide the extended warranty described herein (the Warranty).
High Street TV’s sole liability shall be to provide to the original purchaser (the Purchaser) the necessary labour and parts as described below, to correct defects of workmanship and materials for an additional period of two (2) years starting from the expiry date of the standard product warranty of twelve (12) months from the date of purchase. We will repair at our option using new or refurbished components, or, if repair is not possible, replace the item within 28 days unless you are within your statutory rights to claim a full or partial refund. We retain the right to refund the original purchase price of the product should a replacement be unavailable.
When your equipment has been replaced under the conditions herewith, your plan will end immediately. The Warranty will not transfer to any replacement product and replacement products will not be subject to any such Warranty.
When your equipment has been replaced you will be responsible for disposing of the original equipment at your own cost if it remains in your possession.
GOVERNING LAW AND STATUTORY RIGHTS
We will communicate in English and English Law will apply unless we have agreed otherwise with you.
Nothing in these conditions will reduce or affect your statutory rights; for further information about your statutory rights contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
LIMITS OF LIABILITY
In no event will the seller be liable for more than the original purchase price of the product. Notification of your intention to claim under the terms of this Warranty is restricted to a period of two (2) additional years from the end of the original twelve (12) month warranty period. This does not affect your statutory rights governed by the laws of England and Wales.
EXCLUSION OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS
This plan is for the benefit of the plan holder only and any permitted transferee at our discretion and no rights or benefits will be given to any other third party under the plan. The provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 will not apply.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PLAN
With our permission you can transfer your plan to a new owner of the equipment by giving us written details of the new owner. Your plan cannot be transferred to any other equipment.
HOW TO CLAIM AGAINST YOUR WARRANTY
Please contact our Customer Services Team on 0344 800 0631 who will instruct you on how to obtain service under this Warranty.
YOUR RIGHT TO CHANGE YOUR MIND
You may cancel the plan at any time before the end of your manufacturer's (parts and labour) guarantee period and receive a full refund, unless your equipment has already been replaced or written-off.
- You may cancel the plan at any time after the “right to change your mind” period outlined above, and we will refund a proportion of your plan fee relating to the remaining full months outstanding, unless your equipment has already been replaced or written-off.
- If you pay for your plan by Direct Debit instalments, we will only refund any payments that you have made for the unexpired period of your plan.
- If we have provided you with replacement equipment or a write-off settlement at any point during the period of your plan, then your plan will end, and no refund will be due.
- To cancel your plan, please call us on 0344 800 0631. You can also cancel by emailing us at email@example.com or by writing to us at High Street TV (Group) Ltd, Central House, Beckwith Knowle, Otley Road, Harrogate, HG3 1UF.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS – GENERAL
- Application for the replacement of equipment will only be considered where the equipment is no longer covered by the manufacturers or repairer’s guarantee for call out and labour charge.
- You must operate your equipment in line with the manufacturer's instructions and must not modify it.
- Your equipment must not have been lost, stolen, misused, neglected, poorly installed, subject to malicious damage, or damage caused by fire, explosion, floods, lightning, storms, frost or other bad weather conditions, rust, corrosion or water.
- Your equipment must not be subject to a current recall either by us, the supplier or the manufacturer.
- Your equipment must be used in a domestic environment. Equipment used in a non-domestic or commercial environment must be subject to our prior approval in writing.
- If an electrical item, your equipment must not have been used in another country other than the UK and Ireland.
- Your equipment must be a genuine item (i.e. not a copy or counterfeit)
- Your equipment must only be used with genuine manufacturer parts. If your equipment is used with parts not originating from the manufacturer, your warranty may be invalidated.
- Any replacement under your plan must be sourced by us. We will not be liable for the cost of replacements which are not provided by our supplier.
- You may be liable for the cost of repairs if there is no fault found with the equipment, or to the extent that it requires routine maintenance, cleaning, servicing, cosmetic repairs (e.g. damage to paintwork, dents or scratches) or where there is any problem with the supply of electricity, gas or water.
- Payment will not be approved for costs arising from being unable to use your equipment (e.g. food spoilage) or for any other loss or damage not included under your plan benefits which arises from the breakdown of your equipment, including any costs to remove or reinstate built-in or fitted equipment.
- If, when you require breakdown service, there is any other service agreement or an insurance policy under which you are entitled to claim, we may only pay an appropriate proportion.
- We recommend you back up or store any data/files on a regular basis as we will not restore any data/ files in the event of your product requiring a repair.
- The plan does not include:
- the failure of the equipment to operate correctly caused by the withdrawal of services by a third party.
- software (including operating systems) loss or failure.
- damage or failure of the equipment due to a software virus; the configuration of user settings; or the process of backing up or recovery of data; loss, corruption or damage to data or operating system.
- image retention on LCD screens, plasma or projection TV screens.
- replacement of consumer durables (e.g. batteries, light bulbs and fuses).
High Street TV (Group) Limited, Central House, Beckwith Knowle, Otley Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG3 1UF
Registered Company Number 6577510